We would like to invite you to a special event, Exploring Career Avenues with CT JSHS Alumni, which would give you the opportunity to hear from CT JSHS alumni who have or are pursuing careers in STEM related fields!
This will be a virtual event on March 1st, at 6:30pm-7:30pm EST.
During this event, we will host a panel discussion on Zoom with our alumni, asking them questions about their educational and career journeys. You will have the chance to ask questions to our alumni during this time but will also have time to talk with them afterwards in breakout sessions on Gather.Town. During breakout sessions, you will get to have a more personal conversation with JSHS Alumni who have now entered careers in medicine, engineering, and more!
Panelist will include:
Mic Johnson- Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical and Civil Engineering
- Master of International Affairs, International Economics and Management
- Current Role: Data Scientist at BNY Mellon Technology
Paul Hansel- Physical Sciences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Minor in Economics
- Career Focus in Electrical and Systems Engineering for Autonomous and Teleoperated Earthmoving Equipment
Dr. Sam Schick– Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- Master of Science in Clinical Investigation
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) at West Virginia University School of Medicine
- Current Role: Research Fellow at University of Alabama at Birmingham
Isha Walawalkar- Public Health, Biomedical Science, and Medicine
- Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Master of Public Health
- Current Role: MD/PhD Student at UConn Health
Dr. LeRoy Robinson- Pathobiology and Translational Medicine
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences and Spanish
- Master’s Degree in Cellular and Molecular Biology
- PhD in Pathobiology and Translational Medicine
- Current Role: Senior Medical Science Liaison, Bayer Pharmaceuticals & Adjunct Professor, San Francisco State University
You will also earn event game points for participation in this event! Participants will need to register and attend this event to get 50 points. Attendance will be marked during the event. Visit here to start your Event Game Account. You will need to be registered for the Event Game by the start this event (6:30pm on March 1st) to be eligible for points.
If you are interested in this event, please use this link to register for the event!
We look forward to seeing you!