|~ Registration closes December 13, 2022 ~|
Registration for the 2023 Connecticut Junior Science and Humanities Symposium is accessible via the CT-JSHS web page at ctjshs.com or directly at https://cvent.me/XXxvWz.
- Each school can select up to 10 students to register/apply online by extended deadline of December 16, 2022, to attend as observers or presenters. (Home-schooled students are also welcome.)
- Students must be accompanied by a chaperone (for one or a group of up to 10) on the day of the symposium.
- Some activities will take place online during pre-week. The CT-JSHS Game (win a gift card!) features online activities.
HOW DO STUDENTS AND CHAPERONES REGISTER TO ATTEND?
- Students should ask their science teacher if they can be included in the school’s delegation (of just one or up to ten students)
- Students may attend as a presenter or an “observer” (non-presenter):
- If applying to present, select registration type “Student Participant” when you register.
- If NOT applying to present, select registration type “Other/Guest” and then on the “JSHS Custom Questions” page, select “Student who is not applying to present”.
- Those applying to present their research will have until January 5, 2023, to modify their online application with an abstract, Statement of Outside Assistance form, short-answer questions, and a 3-minute video for consideration for oral and poster presentations. This is a competitive process. Applicants will be informed by January 23, 2023, as to whether they have been selected as a presenter.
Teacher registration (chaperone or non-chaperone):
- If you have student(s) applying to compete, select the category “JSHS Teacher” or “JSHS Mentor” (whichever you prefer/is more appropriate) when you register.
- If you do NOT have students applying to compete, select the category “JSHS Teacher” when you register.
Parent/guardian registration (chaperone as needed):
- If the student’s school is not able to provide a chaperone for the school’s delegation, a parent can be a chaperone.
- Select the registration category “Other/Guest” and then on the “JSHS Custom Questions” page select “Parent/Guardian”.
Questions? Contact Ellen Ravens-Seger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UConn Health, Connecticut Area Health Education Center (CT AHEC)
263 Farmington Avenue, MC 2928
Farmington, CT 06030-2928